This website provides an introduction to the impact the arts can have on health and wellbeing. The National Alliance is made up of organisations from each region of England. Many of these organisations have their own websites with information about arts in health in that area. Several of the organisations distribute regular free newsletters with details of opportunities in arts in health, training and other news and developments. A full list of the organisations involved in establishing the National Alliance is here.
- To find out about funding for arts in health work, please go to Funding Sources.
- To read about examples of arts in health work going on around the country, please go to Arts in Health in Practice.
- To find a list of organisations delivering arts in health activity (searchable by region, artform and activity), please go to the Directory.
- To find research into arts and health, or a list of organisations conducting research in this area, please go to Research.
- To find the organisation which represents your region of England on the National Alliance, please go to National Alliance for Arts Health and Wellbeing.
In addition to the organisations which have established the National Alliance, there are a number of key organisations around the country which support areas of arts in health or work in related areas. The following is a list of these.
Breakthrough – arts and mental health organisation
Ixia – public art
Lapidus - writing for health and wellbeing
Nordoff Robbins – music therapy
Still can’t find what you’re looking for? Do get in touch. London Arts in Health Forum is providing support to the National Alliance for Arts Health and Wellbeing so please direct your query to email@example.com